Stay Cool This Summer
As the temperatures rise (hopefully!) over the coming months, now is the time to check out our top five tips for keeping your engine cool.
The temperatures are set to rise over the forthcoming months, and now is the time to think about how to keep your engine cool and running through this busy season. Although this subject may be the last thing on your mind, the amount of down time that you may incur from a cracked engine block could put this to the very front of your mind! To help you to get the best out of your engine, take a look at these top five tips:
- Regular Servicing. If you service your tractor on a regular basis, you are less likely to have problems with your radiator, hoses, filters and engine as they are fully checked and coolant and oil are changed. Vapormatic's range of filters, radiators and hoses are an excellent alternative to buying an O.E product as they still provide high quality and good value for money.
- Check Coolant Levels Regularly. Do not rely on the fact that you have just had your tractor serviced; anything can happen to your engine between the time you leave your garage to the time you start work in the field. Also ensure that you make regular checks on you coolant hoses. Look out for any damage including cracks in the hoses as this can cause coolant to leak.
- Coolant Colour. When checking your coolant levels, it is important to check the colour of the coolant according to the brand colour. If your coolant is brown, your radiator may need to be flushed and if there are brown fragments in the liquid, then it could signify that your radiator is corroded. In both cases, see a mechanic immediately.
- Common Sense. If your engine does overheat, do not pour water over the engine block (it's more common than you think) as this can crack it. Turn off the engine and wait for it to cool down before you make any checks or add coolant.
- Vapormatic Coolant. Using Vapormatic coolants provide year round protection to cooling systems of cast iron and alloy engines. Click here for more information.
Check out our full range of filters, hoses, radiators and other cooling products in the engine section of our tractor parts search.